The Security Center 5.11 SDK assemblies are compiled in projects targeting .NET Framework 4.8. The upgrade to .NET 4.8 impacts standalone applications and workspace SDK modules. It is important to know how the modules are affected and if any action is required.
Standalone applications and Workspace SDK modulesDeveloping a new SDK application, or recompiling an existing application with updated references to Security Center 5.11 SDK requires the following:
- Visual Studio 2012 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Developer pack
- Projects that reference the SDK assemblies need to target .NET Framework 4.8 or higher
Standalone applications onlyIf your existing integrations use a .NET version that is earlier than 4.8, you must do one of the following:
- Compile your integration with the Security Center 5.11 SDK and deploy again with your
updated integration.IMPORTANT: The updated integration will not be compatible with an earlier version of the Security Center SDK.
- Adapt your current application to Security Center 5.11 SDK without recompiling.
- Deploy the application with an exe.config file that includes a
supported runtime element and a binding redirection.Example:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration> <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"> <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.8"/> </startup> <runtime> <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="Genetec.Sdk" publicKeyToken="a446968a32b751de" culture="neutral"/> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="22.214.171.124-65535.85535.85535.85535" newVersion="126.96.36.199"/> </dependentAssembly> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="Genetec.Sdk.Media" publicKeyToken="a446968a32b751de" culture="neutral"/> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="188.8.131.52-65535.85535.85535.85535" newVersion="184.108.40.206"/> </dependentAssembly> </assemblyBinding> </runtime> </configuration>
- Deploy the application with an exe.config file that includes a supported runtime element and a binding redirection.
For additional information on the supported runtime element, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff657133(v=vs.110).aspx.
For additional information on binding redirection, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2fc472t2(v=vs.110).aspx.