To ensure that your KiwiVision™ system performs as expected, the following hardware and software components are required.
Due to typically high performance requirements, using virtual machines is not recommended.
Security video analytics and People Counter modules
Before activating KiwiVision™ Security video analytics, make sure that your system can handle the additional load. Running video analytics with insufficient resources can negatively impact performance or can cause system failure. Your system should meet the following requirements:
- The KiwiVision™ video analytics plugin must be
installed on a server and on client workstations that run a
operating system, and meet the recommended hardware and
software specifications. See Security Center 5.11 server requirements
and Security Center 5.11 software requirements for more
information.NOTE: A 32-bit operating system is sufficient for client workstations that only run Security Desk.
- Every server running a KiwiVision™ Manager, KiwiVision™ Analyzer, or Config
Tool with which you want to
configure analytics requires an AVX compatible processor.NOTE: An AVX compatible processor is not required for workstations that only run Security Desk.
Privacy Protector™ module
For the best performance, use NVIDIA® Quadro® video cards. Alternatively, you can also use an Intel® CPU (Quick Sync chip set) that supports Intel® Quick Sync Video.
- For all KiwiVision™ modules
- Use the KiwiVision™ Hardware Calculator to help you calculate the number of machines required for your KiwiVision™ deployment based on the number of cameras you want to have, and the type of analytics you want to perform.
- For KiwiVision™ video analytics
- Use the KiwiVision™ Camera Requirements
Calculator to help you with the following:
- Calculate the maximum distance objects can be from the camera and still be detected to determine how many cameras you require to cover the area you want monitored
- Verify whether your existing camera setup needs to be modified to meet the camera requirements for your KiwiVision™ deployment