Before you can monitor Wavetronix devices as traffic sensors in Security Center, you must add Wavetronix units as TSS entities to the plugin.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Click Add an entity () and select TSS.
From the TSS model list, select
Wavetronix, and then enter an entity
Tip: For better search indexing, it is a best practice to include the location of the sensor in the name.
Click the Properties tab and configure the entity
- Stale data age
- If the system does not receive data for a zone by the time indicated here, it considers the data to be stale.
- Analytics schedule
- (Optional) If the TSS device sends alerts only, select a schedule to receive alerts. Alerts received while the schedule is inactive are discarded.
- Maximum cached data age
- Specifies the maximum time within which data from the TSS zone can be reused.
When the TSS plugin is restarted, it stops storing the last known status of each zone. If the status is more recent than the time specified, it is used as the initial zone status for the zone. If it is older, the zone initializes with no data available.
- Override icon traffic parameter
- If enabled, select the data type that controls the color of the zone icon.
For people counting, if the default traffic icon parameter is not set to Volume in the plugin properties, select Volume.
- Zone icon size
- Size of the zone icon displayed on maps, in pixels.
- No data threshold
- If the TSS entity does not receive data from the device by the time indicated here, it triggers the custom TSS no data event.
Click the Communications tab and set the communication
- Type of device
- Select the type of Wavetronix sensor:
- Isolated sensor mode
- Connect directly to a sensor.
- Multi-drop sensor mode
- Connect to a device that then connects to multiple sensors.
- IP address
- IP of the device in IPv4 format.
- Port of the device.
- Polling interval in seconds.
- Subnet ID
- (Multi-drop sensor mode only) Subnet ID of the device, provided by the manufacturer.
- Destination ID
- (Multi-drop sensor mode only) Destination ID of the device, provided by the manufacturer.
- Click the Zones tab.
Click , and in the Add/Edit
Wavetronix Zone dialog box, configure the zone's properties:
- Select the ID of the zone. This is predefined in the NTCIP Traffic Sensor Controller and must be match the ID selected here.
- Zone description
- Enter a description for the zone.
- Travel time node ID
- (Optional) Enter the corresponding node ID from the Travel Times Engine where the average speed data is sent to. Travel time detection must be configured in the TSS plugin.
- Select the direction of traffic. If you are using analytics confirmation macros, this setting can be configured to find all zones that are the same or opposite direction of the zone that triggered the analytic.
- Click OK.
Select the new zone. On the right of the Zone list, set the
When enabled, threshold persistence prevents the zone state from changing rapidly when data is fluctuating around the threshold point.
- For each zone configured with a third-party traffic sensor system that you want to associate to the entity, repeat steps 6 - 8.
- Click Apply.
From the entity tree, right-click the TSS entity and select Put
Security Center starts polling or accepting data from this sensor.