The Traffic Sensor Management plugin is a software module that integrates third-party traffic sensor systems with Security Center.
Architecture diagram for Traffic Sensor Management integration
Components of Traffic Sensor Management integration
- Config Tool
- The Traffic Sensor Management plugin is also installed on a Config Tool workstation. The Security Center administrator uses Config Tool to create and configure the plugin role.
- Security Desk
- The Traffic Sensor Management plugin is installed on all Security Desk workstations.
- Expansion server
- An expansion server is any server machine in a Security Center system that does not host the Directory role. The purpose of the expansion server is to add to the processing power of the system. The plugin runs on a Security Center expansion server to avoid affecting the performance of the Directory.
- Security Center Traffic Sensor Management plugin
- The TSS plugin is a software package installed on a
Security Center expansion server and client
workstations. The plugin is required to create the plugin
role. The role is the Security Center role that
manages traffic sensor data and alerts. The role handles communication between Security Center and the third-party traffic sensor
systems. The Security Center
Traffic Sensor Management Plugin can do the following:
- Read and log data from traffic sensors, allowing real-time monitoring.
- Forward events and alarms from traffic sensors to Security Center.
- Raise events in Security Center on configured thresholds for all data types, such as object counts and average speeds.
- Third-party traffic sensor systems
- Gather and analyze data about objects in its field of view.
- Send or receive commands from Security Center to communicate updates on the data and alerts.