With visual tracking you can follow an individual in live or playback mode from camera to camera through your facility.
Visual tracking saves you time and simplifies monitoring and investigation tasks. You can follow someone quickly without losing time looking for the right camera to switch to. You do not have to remember all the camera names in your system because the cameras are linked together.
- Training new operators quickly.
- Reducing operator stress during high-alert situations.
Common use cases
- Following suspects
- Following a suspect in real time or in playback mode after an incident has occurred.
- Guard tours
- Conducting manual guard tours at your own pace.
- Exit routes
- Monitoring individuals as they exit a building.
- Visitor escorts
- Tracking visitors and their escorts through your facility.
- Business processes
- Monitoring individuals during a money collection and distribution route in a casino.
- Loading docks
- Following goods as they are received and unloaded.
How it works
When you turn on visual tracking using the feet icon () in Security Desk, colored shapes are displayed on the video image, according to how they are configured. Each shape corresponds to another camera field of view that you can switch to by clicking it. If more than one camera is associated with a shape, a list of camera names is shown when you click the shape.
When you hover your mouse pointer over a shape, you can see a preview of the next camera image.
Watch this video to learn more.