If you see something worth noting, you can add a bookmark to the video you are viewing.
What you should know
- A bookmark is an indicator of an event or incident that is used to mark a specific point in time in a recorded video sequence. A bookmark also contains a short text description that can be used to search for and review the video sequences at a later time.
- If a camera is not currently recording, adding a bookmark forces it to begin recording.
- If you add a bookmark to an exported video clip, the bookmark is only stored in the exported video clip and not the original archived video.
- In the camera widget, click Add a bookmark ().
(Optional) In the Add a bookmark dialog box, type a short text in
the Message field.
The timestamp of the bookmark is fixed at the Time indicated in the dialog box.
(Optional) Protect the video sequence containing the bookmark against routine archive
cleanup as follows:
NOTE: You can only protect the video sequence if the bookmark is added to a local (non federated) camera.
- Select the Protect video from deletion option.
In the Protect archives dialog box, set the start time and end
time of the video sequence to protect, and the duration of the protection.
By default, the protected sequence starts one minute before your bookmark and ends 4 minutes after. The default duration of the protection is 5 days.
- Click Protect.
If you did not select the Protect video from deletion option,
click OK to add the bookmark, or click
Cancel to exit without adding a bookmark.
Leaving the Message field blank does not cancel the action.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.