Before taking snapshots of video, you can choose the file format and folder location of your saved snapshots, and enable the printing of an overlay on the snapshot image that shows the camera name, timestamp, and user name.
What you should know
- The Write camera name and timestamp and Write user
name options are saved as part of your Security Center user profile. The other snapshot settings
are saved locally for your Windows user profile.IMPORTANT: Snapshots are saved in the same folder as exported video files. If you change the folder location, existing video and snapshots can no longer be viewed from the Vault.
- The system can add EXIF tags to snapshots that are exported as JPEG. The EXIF tags contain information such as camera name, snapshot creation date, and camera coordinates, which is useful during incident investigation. EXIF data is only available if the Include additional properties on export/snapshot option is enabled on the Advanced tab for a user in Config Tool.
- From the Security Desk home page, click .
In the Vault section, configure the following options:
- The Windows folder path where exported video files and snapshots are saved. The default path is: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Genetec Inc\Vault.
- Automatic cleanup
- When enabled, the retention period in days of exported video and snapshots in the Vault. When disabled, exported video and snapshots in the Vault are never deleted automatically.
In the Snapshots section, configure the following options:
- File format
- Choice of supported file formats: BMP, JPG, PNG and GIF. The default file format is PNG.
- Write camera name and timestamp
- The date, time, and camera name are stamped on the snapshot image.
- Write user name
- The First and Last name of the user are stamped on the snapshot image. If the user does not have a first and last name, their Username is stamped on the image.
- Click Save.