You can customize video stream options, such as the default video stream for viewing live video in the canvas, the default archiving source for viewing playback video, and when to receive messages about video streams, from the Options dialog box.
What you should know
- From the home page, click .
From the Live stream drop-down list, select the default
video stream for live video.
- Default stream used for viewing live video.
- Stream recorded by the Archiver for future investigation.
- Stream used for viewing live video when the bandwidth is limited.
- Low resolution
- Stream used instead of the Live stream when the tile used to view the stream in Security Desk is small.
- High resolution
- Stream used instead of the Live stream when the tile used to view the stream in Security Desk is large.
- Security Desk uses the Low resolution or High resolution stream, depending on the size of the tile and the zoom level.
From the Playback source drop-down list, select the
default archiving source to view playback video from.
- Any playback source
- Let the system decide which archiving source to use.
- Video that was recorded by the Archiver.
- Auxiliary Archiver
- Video that was recorded by the Auxiliary Archiver.
- Any Federated playback source
- Let the system decide which federated archiving source to use.
- Federated Archiver
- Video that was recorded by the federated Archiver.
- Federated Auxiliary Archiver
- Video that was recorded by the federated Auxiliary Archiver.
- Cloud storage
- Video that was in the Cloud storage performance tier.
- Edge playback
- Video that was recorded on an edge recording unit.
- Click the User interaction tab.
If you want to receive a warning message when the resolution of a displayed
video image is too big for the tile, and the video stream selection is not
Automatic, select the Display a warning when stream
selection is not automatic option.
The message that appears says you should change the video stream to Automatic.
- Click Save.