If you must change the configuration of an entity or perform maintenance on a device, such as a camera or access control unit, you can put the device in maintenance mode to avoid affecting health statistics.
Before you begin
What you should know
- When an entity goes offline while it is in maintenance mode, the downtime is considered
expected. Expected downtime is not used to calculate the availability of the entity in the
Health statistics report.NOTE: Health events for entities in maintenance mode are reported with Information severity.
- You can set the following entities to maintenance mode:
- Access control units
You cannot trigger alarms that are set to maintenance mode through event-to-actions or manually.NOTE: Setting an active alarm to maintenance mode does not acknowledge it.
- ALPR units
- Custom entities that support maintenance mode
- Hardware zones
- Intrusion detection units
- Patrol vehicles
- Video units
- Maintenance mode for doors is called Unlock for
Unlock doors for maintenance purposes in the Monitoring task and the Maps task using the Door menu or Override unlock schedules.
You can work with all doors in an area at the same time. Select the area from the entity tree and choose Unlock for maintenance (recursive) from the Doors menu.
Unlock for maintenance must be disabled manually by selecting Disable maintenance mode.
- Open the Monitoring task in Security Desk
Select the entity or entities from the
entity tree, right-click and select Maintenance mode ().
You can also select maintenance mode from right-clicking a tile or map entity.
- In the Maintenance mode dialog box, click Turn ON.
Select how long you want the entity to be maintenance mode for.
Select one of the following options:
- Maintenance mode must be manually turned off.
- Maintenance mode is turned on for the number of days that you select.
- Specific end-time
- Maintenance mode is turned on until the date that you select.
You can modify the duration while the entity is in maintenance mode.
- In the Reason field, enter the reason you are setting the entity in maintenance mode.
If Federation™ role icons are not refreshed right away, press F5 to refresh the entity tree.
While the entity is in maintenance mode, the maintenance mode icon () is displayed over the entity icon in the area view, in tiles, and on maps when applicable. When you hover over the entity icon in the area view or on maps, the reason the entity is in maintenance mode is displayed.