Whether you are viewing live or playback video in a tile, you can save the current video frame as an image file, and then organize and share all files using the Vault tool.
What you should know
- All snapshots are saved with the following naming convention: CameraName (Date Time).png. By default, snapshots are saved as PNG file in the following location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Genetec Inc\Vault.
- If you plan to use the snapshot for incident investigation, note that only JPEG files include EXIF tags that provide chain of custody information.
- Select the tile that is displaying the video image you want to save as a snapshot.
Do one of the following:
A thumbnail preview is displayed in the upper-right corner of your Security Desk window for 2 seconds.
- In the camera widget, click Save a snapshot ().
- Right-click in the tile, and click ().
To open the Vault, from the home page, click
. Thumbnails of all snapshots are displayed in the Vault.
To edit a snapshot, do one of the
- Select the snapshot and click Edit ().
- Right-click the snapshot and click Edit.
To print a snapshot, do one of the following:
- Select the snapshot and click Print ().
- Right-click the snapshot and click Print.
To delete a snapshot, right-click the thumbnail and click
If you delete the snapshots, the image files are no longer available.
- To rename a snapshot, right-click the thumbnail and click Rename.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.