You can view system health events related to selected entities within a specified time range, using the Health history report.
What you should know
Almost every entity in your system can generate health events. You can choose which health events to monitor by configuring the Health Monitor role. For information about selecting which health events to monitor in Config Tool, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- From the home page, open the Health history task.
Set up the query filters for your report. Enable one or more of the following
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
- Health event
- Name of the health event.
- Health severity
Severity level of the health event:
- Select a computer that was having health issues to investigate.
- Observer entity
- The entity (role, server, unit, and so on) that reported the event.
- Show current health events
- Restrict the search to active health events. Only events that have been active for
longer than the specified duration are listed in the report.NOTE: Dismissing an event from the Health history task or the System messages dialog box removes it from the list of active events.
- Source entity
- Source entity of the event.
- Source group
- Source entity group of the event. Usually a role or a unit.
Click Generate report.
The health events of the selected entities are listed in the report pane.