If you cannot view playback video or video archives in Security Desk, you can troubleshoot the issue.
Ensure that you have access to Security Desk and Config Tool to perform the following steps.
What you should know
Try viewing live video from the same camera by dragging the camera from the
area view to a tile in the canvas in the Security
- If you can view live video, continue with the next troubleshooting step.
- If you cannot view any video, then it is probably a network issue. See Troubleshooting offline video units in Security Center.
Try viewing playback video from the Archives task:
- In the Security Desk Archives task, select your camera.
- Search for video archives at different dates and times and click Generate report.
- After the report is generated, try to view video from the archives.
- Repeat the steps with other cameras that are connected to the same Archiver.
- If you can view the video from some of the video archives, continue with the next troubleshooting step.
- If you cannot view any video, skip the next troubleshooting step.
Verify that the unit is supported by Security
Center, and that it is running the
For a list of video units supported by Security Center, see our Supported Device List.
Try viewing playback video from the Archives task on
Desk, and on the
server where the Archiver role is running.
- If you can view video, it might be a problem with the redirection from the Media Router to your Security Desk. Continue with the next troubleshooting step.
- If you cannot view any video, contact Genetec™ Technical Assistance.
Make sure the correct ports are open on your network so that
there is no firewall blocking the video stream.
For a list of default ports that are used in Security Center, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- If you still cannot view playback video, contact Genetec™ Technical Assistance Center.