Once you are familiar with how alarms work, you can customize how the system handles alarms from the Options dialog box.
The Display entity names with their full path option is saved as part of your user profile. The other alarm settings are saved locally for your Windows user profile.
What you should know
- From the home page, click .
Set the following alarm options:
- Bring Security Desk in front of other windows
- Brings the Security Desk window to the foreground when a new alarm occurs.
- Play a sound
- Sets the sound bite to play when a new alarm occurs and how often to play it: Once (default), Every n seconds, or Continuously. Click Test to hear the selected sound bite.
- Display in:
- Select this option to have alarms displayed in a pop-up window
in the notification tray of the Monitoring
task.NOTE: Pop-up alarms are only used when there are no armed tiles in the Monitoring task.
- Alarm monitoring task (and bring to front)
- Automatically switches to the Alarm monitoring task when a new alarm occurs. If Alarm monitoring is not in the active task list, it is added.
- Map (and bring to front)
- Automatically switches to display alarms in the Maps task. If the Maps task is not in the active task list, it is added.
- Revert to original task after alarm is handled
- Automatically returns to the task you were working on before the alarm occurred after you have acknowledged the alarm.
- Center map on received alarm
- When set to display alarms in the Maps task, automatically centers the map view on the linked object and zooms in.
- Automatically display alarm in unpacked mode
- When the alarm is triggered, displays all the attached entities of the alarm in separate tiles instead of cycling through them.
- Snooze time
- Sets the duration of the snooze when an alarm is put to sleep with the command.
- Click the Visual tab.
To show the full path of the entity that triggered the alarm in the
Source column in the Monitoring task and Alarm monitoring task, select
the Display entity names with their full path option.
An entity’s path is the hierarchy of areas above that entity in the area view. When the path is too long, an “*” is displayed instead." Montreal office/Main entrance", or " */*/Back entrance".NOTE: This option also applies to other entities. When this option is selected, the full path of other entities is shown in tile toolbars.
- Click Save.