Once you are familiar with how to work with tasks in Security Center, you can customize how the system handles tasks, from the Options dialog box.
What you should know
The task settings are saved as part of your Security Center user profile and apply to Security Desk and Config Tool. However, the Task cycling and Ask for confirmation when opening tasks sent by other users options are saved as local setting for your Windows user profile.
- From the home page, click .
To set the amount of time Security
Desk dwells on each task when
cycling through the open tasks, set the Task cycling value.
NOTE: Task cycling can be turned on by right-clicking anywhere in the taskbar.
- Click the User interaction tab.
In the System messages
section, set the following options as desired:
- Ask for a name when creating a task
- Select this option if you want Security Desk to ask you for a name every time you create a task that accepts multiple instances.
- Ask for confirmation before closing a task
- Select this option if you want Security Desk to ask for confirmation every time you remove a task from the interface.
- Ask for confirmation when opening tasks sent by other users
- Select this option if you want Security Desk to ask for confirmation every time you open a task sent by another user.
In the Reload task
section, specify how you want Security
Desk to behave when someone
updates a public task you currently
- Ask user. Ask you before loading the updated task definition.
- Yes. Reload the task without asking.
- No. Never reload the task.
- Click Save.