You can investigate events related to areas (Access granted, First person in, Antipassback violation, and so on), using the Area activities report.
- From the home page, open the Area activities task.
Set up the query filters for the report. Choose from one or more of the
- Select the areas to investigate.
- Restrict the search to certain cardholders.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Select the events of interest. The event types available depend on the task you are using.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
Click Generate report.
The area events are listed in the report pane.
- To show the corresponding video of an event in a tile,
double-click or drag the item from the report pane to the canvas.
If the area is not associated to a URL or a map file through a tile plugin, the area icon is displayed.
- To control the areas, use the area widget.
If you want to see all the activity that went on in a particular area during the weekend, or since the last time you logged on, you can select a specific area and time range for the report. You can search for critical events that happened in an area (such as Access granted or Access denied: Stolen credential events), and then review the video associated with that event to see what happened during that time, and to find evidence.