You can find the license plate reads reported within a time range and geographic area, using the Reads report.
Before you begin
To view your query results in the canvas, you must know how to monitor LPR events in Security Desk in map mode.
What you should know
If you must report on all the reads that occurred in a specific region at a certain time, you can select the region, and the time range. If you want to see how many reads a Genetec Patroller™ got during their shift, you can search for that Genetec Patroller™, and set a time range. If you want to see if a Genetec Patroller™ got a read on a specific license plate, you can search for that license plate.
- From the home page, open the Reads task.
To restrict your search to one or more specific areas, draw one or more regions in your
map as follows:
- In the Filters tab, click the Region filter.
- Click Switch to map mode.
- In the Region filter, click Draw region.
Drag your mouse pointer to create a box.
A numbered Region box is created.
- To resize the region, drag the box handles.
- To move the region, hold down the mouse button and drag the box to a new location.
- Create other regions as required.
Select the region(s) of interest.
To view all the regions you created, click in the Filters tab.
Set up the other query filters for your report. Choose one or more of the
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Generated a hit
- Include reads that generated a hit in the report.
- Hit rules
- Select the hit rules to include in the report.
- License plate
- Enter a Full or Partial license plate number.
- LPR units - Patrollers
- Restrict the search to Genetec Patroller™ units (including all their fitted LPR units) and/or LPR units representing fixed Sharp cameras on the Genetec Patroller™ unit.
- Offload timestamp
- The date and time that the Genetec Patroller™ offloaded the reads/hits to Security Center.
- Protection status
- Restrict the search to protected or unprotected read events.
- Hit rule that matched the plate read.
- Select the Patroller user name, or the Patrollers’ parent user groups.
Click Generate report.
The reads are listed in the report pane.
View your query results in the canvas, in one of the following modes:
- tile mode
- To show the LPR event in a tile, double-click or drag the item from the report pane to the canvas.
- map mode
- To locate an LPR event on the map, double-click the item in the report pane.