You can quickly investigate read statistics within a time range and geographic area, using the reads statistics report.
To view your query results in the canvas, you must know how to monitor LPR events in Security Desk.
What you should know
- From the home page, open the Reads task.
To restrict your search to one or more specific areas, draw one or more regions in your
map as follows:
- In the Filters tab, click the Region filter.
- Click Switch to map mode.
- In the Region filter, click Draw region.
Drag your mouse pointer to create a box.
A numbered Region box is created.
- To resize the region, drag the box handles.
- To move the region, hold down the mouse button and drag the box to a new location.
- Create other regions as required.
Select the region(s) of interest.
To view all the regions you created, click in the Filters tab.
Set up the other query filters for your report. Choose one or more of the following
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Generated a hit
- Include reads that generated a hit in the report.
- Hit rules
- Select the hit rules to include in the report.
- License plate
- Enter a Full or Partial license plate number.
- LPR units - Patrollers
- Restrict the search to Genetec Patroller™ units (including all their fitted LPR units) and/or LPR units representing fixed Sharp cameras on the Genetec Patroller™ unit.
- Offload timestamp
- The date and time that the Genetec Patroller™ offloaded the reads/hits to Security Center.
- Hit rule that matched the plate read.
- Select the Patroller user name, or the Patrollers’ parent user groups.
Click the small arrow on the right of the Generate report button and select Generate
The read count is listed in the report pane.
If you must quickly report how many reads occurred in a specific region at a certain time, you can select the region, and the time range.