You can find events related to selected cameras that were recorded by an Archiver, using the Camera events report.
This report is helpful if you already know the name of the camera that you are looking for. You can see what events have been triggered from that camera. You can also investigate specific events. For example, recording that was started due to an alarm.
What you should know
To receive results in your report, the video and analytic metadata must be recorded by an Archiver.
- From the home page, open the Camera events task.
Set up the query filters for the report. Choose from one or more of the
- Select the camera to investigate.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Select the events of interest. The event types available depend on the task you are using.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
Click Generate report.
The camera events are listed in the report pane.
- To show the corresponding video of an event in a tile, double-click or drag the item from the report pane to the canvas.
- To control the video recording, use the camera widget.