You can create hot actions that can be triggered using the function keys on your keyboard, or from the notification tray.
What you should know
- In the notification tray, click Hot actions ().
- In the Hot actions dialog box, click Edit.
- Click Add ().
- In the Name field, enter a name for the hot action.
- In the Configure an action window, select an action type, and specify the additional settings required for the action.
The hot action is created, and the Hot actions dialog box closes.
- To open the Hot actions dialog box again, click Hot actions () in the notification tray.
(Optional) Click Edit, and do one of
- To create another hot action, click Add ().
- To delete the selected hot action, click Remove ().
- To edit the selected hot action, click Edit ().
- If you have more than one hot action created, click to move the selected hot action up the list. This changes the function key that the action is assigned to.
- If you have more than one hot action created, click to move the selected hot action down the list. This changes the function key that the action is assigned to.
The hot actions you created are listed with their assigned function keys (F1, F2, and so on).
Trigger the hot action one of the following ways:
- Select a hot action, and then click Execute.
- Press Ctrl+Fn.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.