You can view a list of all the local and federated Security Center cameras and their settings that are part of your system, using the Camera configuration report.
The Camera configuration report is helpful for comparing camera settings, and making sure that your cameras are configured properly according to your requirements. If the camera has multiple video streams or multiple streaming schedules set, each stream and schedule is displayed as a separate result item.
What you should know
NOTE: This report is not supported with Omnicast™ federated cameras.
- Open the Camera configuration task.
Set up the query filters for the report. Choose one or more of
the following filters:
- Select the camera to investigate.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
Click Generate report.
The following camera settings are listed in the report pane:
- Camera name.
- Archiver that manages the camera.
- Resolution of the camera’s video stream.
- Image quality
- Image quality setting for the camera.
- Frame rate
- Frame rate setting for the camera.
- Stream usage
- Purpose of the video stream (for live video, recordings, and so on).
- Network setting
- Connection type used by the camera.
- Bit rate
- Bit rate setting for the camera.
- The video stream of the camera.
- Key frame interval
- Key frame interval setting for the camera.
- Recording mode
- Recording settings for the camera.
- Type of camera (fixed camera or PTZ camera).
- Streaming schedule
- Schedule when the camera streams video.
- Manufacturer of the unit.
- Product type
- Model or series of the video unit.
- Area path
- List of all parent areas, starting from the system entity. If the camera has multiple parent areas, “*\” is shown as the path.
- Entity description.
- Edge transfer
- Whether the camera is configured for edge transfer or not (yes or no).
- Firmware version
- Firmware version of the camera.
- IP address
- IP address of the camera.
- Logical ID
- Logical ID of the camera.
- Multicast address
- Multicast address of the camera.
- Multicast port
- Connection port of the video unit.
- Retention period
- Retention period of the camera.
To modify the settings of a camera, right-click an item in the
report pane, and then click Configure
() to jump
to that entity’s configuration page in Config
NOTE: You need the user privilege to modify entities to use this command.