You can view and acknowledge the alarms from the Alarm monitoring and the Monitoring task.
Before you begin
What you should know
In the notification tray, double-click the Alarms () icon in the notification tray.
All new alarms are automatically listed and the associated video is displayed in the canvas.
- To filter the alarm list, click the filter icon () and
select one or more of the following filters:
- Show all
- Display all alarms (no filter).
- Show active
- Show active alarms.
- Show under investigation
- Show alarms that are currently under investigation.
- Show acknowledgement required
- Show alarms where their source conditions are cleared but they must still be acknowledged.
- Show acknowledged
- Show acknowledged alarms.
- Double-click or drag an alarm from the alarm list to view the alarm video in a tile. The video is displayed with a colored overlay that provides the alarm details.
In the widget, click one of the following:
NOTE: All actions on the alarms are logged in the activity trail.
- Acknowledge (Default) ()
- Acknowledge the alarm. The alarm is no longer active, and is
removed from the canvas and the alarm list.NOTE: Certain alarms require you to report an incident when you acknowledge them.
- Acknowledge (Alternate) ()
- Set the alarm to the alternate acknowledged state. The reasons for using this acknowledgement type are defined by your company. For example, if a false alarm is triggered, you can acknowledge the alarm this way. This state can be used as a filter in alarm queries.
- Investigate ()
- Investigate the alarm. This action lets other users in the system know that you have seen the alarm without acknowledging it, so the alarm is not removed from the active alarm list.
- Forcibly acknowledge ()
- Force the alarm to be acknowledged. This is helpful for clearing alarms that are currently under investigation and their acknowledgement condition is not yet cleared.
- Forcibly acknowledge all alarms ()
- Force all the active alarms to be acknowledged. This is helpful for clearing alarms that are currently under investigation and their acknowledgement condition is not yet cleared.
- Snooze alarm ()
- Put the alarm to sleep for 30 seconds. When the alarm is snoozing, it is temporarily removed from the canvas. You can change the default snooze time from the Options dialog box.
- Show alarm procedure ()
- Show the alarm’s specific procedure (if one is defined by the administrator). Alarm procedures are simple to create and can take the form of HTML pages or a web application developed by the end user.
- Forward alarm ()
- Forward the alarm to another user in the system. Before forwarding the alarm, you must select a user, and you can also type a message.
- Edit context ()
- Add or modify the alarm annotation.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.