To accommodate seasonal cardholders, such as students who are enrolled during a semester, or permanent cardholders who need short term access to a restricted area, you can create and assign temporary access rules.
What you should know
- In the Cardholder management task, select a cardholder, and then click Modify ().
Click the Access rules ()
tab > Add ().
A dialog box listing the access rules that are not yet assigned to this cardholder opens.
Do one of the following:
- Select an existing temporary access rule () and click Add.
- Click Temporary access rule ().
The temporary access rule creation wizard opens.
- In the Basic information page, enter the rule name and description, then click Next.
In the Access rule information page, do one of the
- Click Use an existing access rule as template, then select
from the Access rule drop-down list, the access rule you want to
use as template.
The schedule and the associated entities will be copied to your temporary access rule.
- Click Specify custom access parameters, and specify the following:
- Access to
- Expand the area view and select the entities you want to grant access to.
- Activation date and time, or when the rule schedule starts to apply.
- Expiration date and time, or when the rule schedule stops to apply.
- Choose when this access rule is active.
- Click Use an existing access rule as template, then select from the Access rule drop-down list, the access rule you want to use as template.
.A temporary access rule () is created and assigned to your cardholder.
- Click Save.