You can configure automatic deletion of files that are older than a defined number of days.
Make sure your Windows user account has the privileges to delete files from the Vault folder.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Files in the Vault are only deleted automatically if the Automatic cleanup option is enabled.
- Only the following file types can be automatically deleted:
- Images: .png, .jpg, .bmp, and .gif
- Videos: .g64, .g64x, .gek, .asf, .asx, and .mp4
- The system checks for files to delete upon Security Desk logon, and then at every subsequent hour. Files cannot be deleted if they are open during a check.
- From the Security Desk home page, click .
- In the Vault section, set the Automatic cleanup option to ON, and then enter a retention period from 1 - 999 days.
- Click Save.