To monitor and control Security Desks remotely, you must connect to one remote Security Desk workstation (Simple mode), or multiple remote Security Desk monitors (Wall mode).
Before you begin
- The remote Security Desk must be running and connected to the same Security Center Directory.
- You must have remote user control of each Security
Desk workstation you want to
connect to. In Config
Tool, your system
administrator must select which
workstations you can remotely control.NOTE: This step is only required if the user is not part of the Administrators group.
- You must have the same or more user privileges than the user who is logged on to the remote Security Desk. If you are missing some user privileges that the remote user has, your request to connect to the remote Security Desk is denied.
- You must be a member of all the partitions that the user who is logged on to the remote Security Desk is a member of. If you do not have access to some of the partitions that the remote user has access to, your remote connection is also denied.
- You must have the Spy mode privilege to connect to remote Security Desks in Spy mode.
- From the home page, open the Remote task.
To connect to one remote Security
Desk, select a remote Security
Desk workstation from the drop-down list, or to connect to multiple remote Security
Desk monitors, proceed as follows:
- Click Switch to Wall mode.
- To configure the layout of your wall, use the and buttons in the Rows and Columns sections.
From the drop-down list, double-click the remote Security
Desk monitors you want
to connect to.
The monitors you select populate the empty tiles. To remove a monitor from a tile, click in the tile.
(Optional) Click Options and select one or both of the
- Spy mode
- Allows you to connect to a remote Security Desk undetected. In this mode, you cannot perform any actions, you can only observe.
- Low bandwidth
- Ensures that your bandwidth does not increase while
remotely monitoring a Security
This option is helpful because every command executed on the remote Security Desk is also executed on your local Security Desk, which might increase your bandwidth.
- Click Connect.
You are connected to the remote Security Desk. If you are using Wall mode, the monitor that was placed in the first tile is displayed.
When you are connected, you can view the tasks that were already opened on the remote Security Desk. However, you can only use the Monitoring task and the Alarm monitoring task. For all other tasks, the following message is displayed: This task cannot be remotely controlled.
After you finish
NOTE: On the remote Security Desk, the number of users that are remotely controlling it are indicated on the Remote monitoring icon in the notification tray (), unless those users are in Spy mode. Click the Remote monitoring icon to view which users are remotely controlling your Security Desk, and which system they are on. If you have the user privilege, you can kick those users out of your Security Desk.