You can edit a hotlist or permit list using the Hotlist and permit editor task.
The hotlist or permit list must be created in Config Tool, the Enable editor support option in the entity’s Properties tab must be selected, and the user or user groups editing the lists must be granted the required privileges. The changes you can make to a hotlist or permit list might be limited, depending on which privileges you have.
Before you begin
Using the Hotlist and permit editor, you can add, edit, or delete items from existing lists that were created in Config Tool. When you edit a hotlist or permit list, the text file is updated and your patrol vehicles or Sharp cameras receive the new information.
What you should know
The following conditions apply:
- Only the first 100,000 rows of a hotlist are loaded in Security Desk.
- If an error occurs while the hotlist is being loaded, the load stops and an error message is shown. However, you can still edit the lists that were loaded before the error occurred.
From the home page, open the Hotlist and permit editor
The available hotlists and permit lists are displayed in the column on the left.
- Select the hotlist or permit list that you want to edit.
- From the drop-down list, select an ALPR Manager, and click Load.
- To find a specific row in the list, type the license plate number in the Search box.
- Do one of the following:
- To add a row to your list, click Add ().
- To delete a row, select a row from your list, and then click Remove ().
- To edit a row, click an individual item on your list.
- Click Save.
The source file of the hotlist or permit list is updated with the changes.
A hotlist of stolen vehicles is downloaded from the ministry of justice each night at midnight. Every morning, when the officers begin their shift, they load the latest hotlist into a Genetec Patroller™. During the day, some vehicles on the list are found, and new vehicles are stolen. You can remove the vehicles that were found from the list, and add the newly stolen vehicles, so that all the patrol vehicles have the updated hotlist.