In certain situations, you may need to modify a plate read in Security Desk. This may be necessary if you notice that the system has incorrectly captured a plate read, or if the system prompts you to verify a plate read that is unclear (low confidence score).
What you should know
- Depending on your user privileges, you can modify plate reads that are displayed in tiles. You can edit plate reads in Reads reports, Reads (Multi-region) reports, monitoring tiles, and in alarms triggered by license plate read events.
- You cannot edit a plate read if the read is protected, a hit, or if the read is from a federated system or an MLPI inventory.
- When a plate read is edited, if there is a confidence score associated with the plate read, the confidence score is changed to 100%.
- The details of the plate read edit appear in the Activity trails report.
- If you are editing plate reads in an AutoVu™ Free-Flow system, see Editing license plate reads in a parking zone.
From the license plate read tile, click
NOTE: If you are trying to modify a plate read in a Reads report, you must first double-click the read to display it in a tile.
- In the Edit read window, manually modify the Plate and State information as required.
- Click Save.