To ensure that an alarm you are monitoring remains on the canvas when new alarms are triggered, you can configure Security Desk to display older alarm tiles before newer alarm tiles.
What you should know
- Highest priority alarm first: This rule takes precedence and cannot be changed.
- Newest alarm first (default): This rule can be changed to Oldest alarm first.
Alarms are always displayed in descending priority. If all armed tiles are occupied when an alarm is triggered, the lowest priority alarm is not displayed. Active alarms without a tile are listed in the report pane, and are displayed on the canvas when space becomes available.
Alarms with the same priority are displayed according to the Newest alarm first or Oldest alarm first rules:
- Newest alarm first (default)
- Active alarms with equal priority are displayed on the canvas from newest to oldest. If all armed tiles are occupied when an alarm is triggered, the oldest alarm is removed from the canvas.
- Oldest alarm first
- Active alarms with equal priority are displayed on the canvas from oldest to newest. If all armed tiles are occupied when an alarm is triggered, that alarm is not displayed on the canvas until space becomes available.
- From the Security Desk home page, click .
- Under When a new alarm occurs, clear Order alarm monitoring tiles by latest.
- Click Save.