Security Desk tracks several parking session states related to a parked vehicle. Using these states, you can generate a list of vehicles that are currently in violation, or create a vehicle inventory report for the current parking zone occupancy or for a specific time in the past based on the selected time filter.
What you should know
- The Parking sessions task can also display information such as when the vehicle entered, when it left, how long it has been in violation, and whether the violation has been enforced.
- Parking zones that are displayed in a Monitoring task tile show the parking zone occupancy as well as the number of vehicles in violation.
- From the home page, open the Parking sessions task.
Set up the query filters for your report. Choose one or more of the following filters:
- Time selection
- This is the time range for the report. The time selection filter is useful for post-enforcement purposes. For example, you can generate a report that includes all of the completed parking sessions in the past 24 hours. You can then export the report to be processed by the payment system.
You can set the following time filters:
- Time range
- Use the During the last… and Specific range filters to list all parking sessions that were started or completed within the given time range.
- Specific time
- Use the Now filter to generate a current inventory list, or use the Specific date filter to generate an inventory list for a point in the past.
- Parking Zone
- Select one or more parking zones to be included in the report.
- Minimum duration of stay
- Exclude vehicles from the report that have not exceeded the minimum duration of stay.
- Session state
- Select which of the following vehicle states to include in the report:
- The vehicle's parking session is no longer active for one of the following reasons:
NOTE: To determine if the parking session is in violation, refer to the violation timestamp in the Parking sessions report.
- The vehicle has exited the parking zone.
- The parking zone inventory has been reset.
- The maximum inventory time has been reached.
- The vehicle is in the parking zone, is in violation, and has been issued a ticket.
- The vehicle is in the parking zone and is not in violation.
- The vehicle is in the parking zone, is in violation, and has not been issued a ticket.
- State reason:
- Select one or more state reasons to be included in the report.Tip: In AutoVu™ Free-Flow parking lots, because a violation can only be enforced if the vehicle is still in the parking lot, it is useful to exclude the Vehicle exited state reason from the parking sessions report.
- License plate
- Enter a Full or Partial license plate number to generate a report on a specific vehicle.
Click Generate report.
The parking sessions are listed in the report pane.
- To view the query results in the canvas, double-click or drag the event from the report pane to a tile on the canvas.
- Print () the report or export () the report as an Excel, CSV, or PDF file.