You can quickly investigate hit statistics within a time range and geographic area, using the hits statistics report.
To view your query results in the canvas, you must know how to monitor ALPR events in Security Desk.
What you should know
- From the home page, open the Hits task.
To restrict your search to one or more specific areas, draw one or more regions in your
map as follows:
- In the Filters tab, click the Region filter.
- Click Switch to map mode.
- In the Region filter, click Draw region.
Drag your mouse pointer to create a box.
A numbered Region box is created.
- To resize the region, drag the box handles.
- To move the region, hold down the mouse button and drag the box to a new location.
- Create other regions as required.
Select the regions of interest.
To view all the regions you created, click in the Filters tab.
Set up the other query filters for your report. Choose one or more of the following
- Accept reasons
- Reason selected by the Genetec Patroller™ user when enforcing a hit. Accept reasons are created and customized in Config Tool.
- Action taken
- Genetec Patroller™ hit actions (Accepted, Rejected, Not enforced) selected by the Genetec Patroller™ user. For fixed Sharps, a hit raised by the Hit Matcher module is always automatically Accepted and Enforced.
- Annotation fields
- Genetec Patroller™ hit annotations used by the Genetec Patroller™ user.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
- Hit rules
- Select the hit rules to include in the report.
- Hit type
- Select the type of hits to include in the report: Permit, Shared permit, Overtime, and Hotlist.
- License plate
- Enter a full or partial license plate number. To enter multiple license plates, see Filtering a report with multiple license plates
- ALPR units - Patrollers
- Restrict the search to Genetec Patroller™ units (including all their fitted ALPR units) and/or ALPR units representing fixed Sharp cameras on the Genetec Patroller™ unit.
- Offload timestamp
- The date and time that the Genetec Patroller™ offloaded the reads/hits to Security Center.
- Reject reason
- Reason selected by the Genetec Patroller™ user when rejecting a hit. Reject reasons are created and customized in Config Tool. This filter only affects the value in the Rejected hits column.
- Select the Patroller user name, or the Patrollers’ parent user groups.
Expand the options under the Generate report button and select
Generate report statistics.
The hits are listed in the report pane.
If you must quickly report how many hits occurred in a specific region at a certain time, you can select the region, and the time range.