You can investigate hits reported within a time range and geographic area, using the Hits report.
Before you begin
To view your query results in the canvas, you must know how to monitor ALPR events in Security Desk in map mode.
What you should know
If you must report on all the hits that occurred in a specific region at a certain time, you can select the region, and the time range. If you want to see how many hits one Genetec Patroller™ got during their shift, you can search for that Genetec Patroller™, and set a time range. If you want to see if a Genetec Patroller™ got a hit on a specific license plate, you can search for that license plate.
- From the home page, open the Hits task.
To restrict your search to one or more specific areas, draw one or more regions in your
map as follows:
- In the Filters tab, click the Region filter.
- Click Switch to map mode.
- In the Region filter, click Draw region.
Drag your mouse pointer to create a box.
A numbered Region box is created.
- To resize the region, drag the box handles.
- To move the region, hold down the mouse button and drag the box to a new location.
- Create other regions as required.
Select the regions of interest.
To view all the regions you created, click in the Filters tab.
Set up the query filters for your report:
- Accept reasons
- Reason selected by the Genetec Patroller™ user when enforcing a hit. Accept reasons are created and customized in Config Tool.
- Action taken
- Genetec Patroller™ hit actions (Accepted, Rejected, Not enforced) selected by the Genetec Patroller™ user. For fixed Sharps, a hit raised by the Hit Matcher module is always automatically Accepted and Enforced.
- Annotation fields
- Genetec Patroller™ hit annotations used by the Genetec Patroller™ user.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
- Hit rules
- Select the hit rules to include in the report.
- Hit type
- Select the type of hits to include in the report: Permit, Shared permit, Overtime, and Hotlist.
- License plate
- Enter a full or partial license plate number. To enter multiple license plates, see Filtering a report with multiple license plates
- ALPR units - Patrollers
- Restrict the search to Genetec Patroller™ units (including all their fitted ALPR units) and/or ALPR units representing fixed Sharp cameras on the Genetec Patroller™ unit.
- Offload timestamp
- The date and time that the Genetec Patroller™ offloaded the reads/hits to Security Center.
- Protection status
- Restrict the search to protected or unprotected hit events.
- Reject reason
- Reason selected by the Genetec Patroller™ user when rejecting a hit. Reject reasons are created and customized in Config Tool. This filter only affects the value in the Rejected hits column.
- Select the Patroller user name, or the Patrollers’ parent user groups.
Click Generate report.
The hits are listed in the report pane.
- (Optional) To view high resolution images in the Plate image and Context image columns, expand the corresponding column width. For more information, see Customizing ALPR image quality displayed in report pane columns
View your query results in the canvas, in one of the following modes:
- tile mode
- To show the ALPR event in a tile, double-click or drag the item from the report pane to the canvas.
- map mode
- To locate an ALPR event on the map, double-click the item in the report pane.