A Security Desk operator can protect an important read or hit from being deleted from the ALPR Manager database. This means that the read or hit is not deleted even after its configured retention period has ended.
In order to protect and unprotect reads and hits, the Protect/Unprotect ALPR reads/hits privilege is required.
Before you begin
What you should know
- You can protect reads and hits in the following tasks:
- Hits (Multi-region)
- Reads (Multi-region)
- You can use the Protection status filter to search for protected reads and hits in reports.
- You can see which users protected and unprotected reads and hits in the Activity trails task.
- Open a Hits or Reads task.
Generate your report.
The hits or reads are listed in the report pane.
From the report pane, select the hit or read that you want to protect, and then click
To select multiple events, hold the Ctrl or Shift keys.
In the Protect selected results dialog box, set how long to protect the read or hit.
- No end date. You must remove the protection status manually by selecting the read or hit in the report pane, and then clicking Unprotect ().NOTE: When you unprotect a read or hit that exceeds the configured retention period, it is deleted and does not appear in reports.
- During the next x days
- The read or hit is protected for the number of days that you select.
- The read or hit is protected until the end of the date that you select.Example: If you protect the read or hit until 11/20/2016, it is deleted from the ALPR database on 11/21/2016 at 12:00 am.
- Click Protect.
The read or hit is protected.
Add the Protected and Protection expiration columns to your report so that you can see if hits and reads are protected, and when the protection expires. See Generating and saving reports