When you are not in possession of the credential cards, you can request the credential cards to be assigned to the cardholders and visitors you are managing by someone else.
You can request a card while you are creating a new cardholder or visitor, or after they are created. In this procedure, it is assumed you have already created a cardholder or visitor.
What you should know
Do one of the following:
- For cardholders, open the Cardholder management task, select a cardholder, and then click Modify ().
- For visitors, open the Visitor management task, select a visitor, and then click Modify ().
- In the Credential section, click Add a credential ().
- From the drop-down menu, click Request card.
In the Request card dialog box, select the reason why you
are requesting a card.
NOTE: Card request reasons only appear if your administrator has created possible reasons in Config Tool.
From the Badge template drop-down list, select a badge
You only need to select a badge template if you want a badge to be printed.A print preview of the badge appears.
In the Activate option, select when to activate the
- The credential will never be activated.
- After enrollment
- After another user responded to the card request.
- Select a specific date to activate the credential.
If you want to receive an email when the credential has been printed, select
the Email me when the card is ready option.
NOTE: For this option to work, your user must have a valid email address.
The credential is shown as Requested in the Credential section of the cardholder or visitor details window.
- Click Save.
The Card requests () icon appears in the notification tray.