If a dangerous situation arises while you are monitoring your system (for example, a fire or shooting), you can respond by changing the state of the entire Security Center system or specific areas, using threat levels.
Before you begin
What you should know
Open the Threat levels dialog box one of the following
- In the notification tray, double-click the Threat levels () icon.
- From the home page, click .
Do one of the following:
- To set a threat level on the entire system, select a threat level from the System threat level drop-down list.
- To set a threat level on a specific area, select a threat level from the drop-down list next to the desired entity.
- In the confirmation dialog box that opens, click .
The Threat levels icon in the notification tray turns red (). If you set a threat level on the entire system, the background of Security Desk turns the color of the threat level. Additional effects of setting the threat level depend on how the threat level was configured.