To get a better view of the finer details of what you are monitoring, you can zoom in on the live or playback video that is displayed in a tile, regardless of whether you are using fixed cameras or PTZ cameras.
If the default video stream of the camera is set to Automatic, the video stream switches to high resolution when you apply digital zoom.
What you should know
- Select a tile that is displaying live or playback video.
- Do one of the following:
A zoom thumbnail of the full image appears in the upper-left corner of the tile, and the zoom level is displayed in the tile.
- Click and drag your mouse to create your desired zooming area (blue rectangle), and then release the mouse button. This method does not work with PTZ cameras.
- Scroll your mouse wheel forwards to zoom in and backwards to zoom out. With PTZ cameras, this method only works once you apply the digital zoom.
- In the camera widget, click Toggle digital zoom ().
- Right-click in the tile and click ().
- In the zoom thumbnail, you can do the following:
- Click and drag the red box to reposition the zoom area.
- Click and drag the mouse cursor on the zoomed-in image to reposition the zoom area.
- Use the slider to increase and decrease the zoom level.
- To stop zooming, click Toggle digital zoom () in the camera widget.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.