To use MxPEG streaming with MOBOTIX units in Security Center, you must complete some pre-configuration steps for the camera, and then add the unit in Config Tool using the MxPEG Integration product type.
Before you begin
- Install the latest software on the camera.
- Restore the default factory settings on the camera.
- Add a username that will be used when adding the unit in Security Center (for example SecurityCenterUser), and assign the user to the Admin group. This ensures that the live stream of the camera can be viewed in Security Center.
- Set the authentication mode of the web server to either Digest or Auto.
- On the Integration Protocols page, enable the MxPEG Stream 1, the Genetec™ Protocol integration protocol, and the audio stream. If required, enable additional streams.
- On the Integration Protocols page, select the Enable Audio option for the MxPEG Stream 1.
- Set the image size (resolution and aspect ratio), display mode, JPEG quality,
frame rate, and other camera settings.
The list of available resolutions for the camera in Security Center depends on the resolution and aspect ratio of the live stream configured on the unit web page.
- Disable recording on the unit, so you can configure the recording settings in Security Center.
For information about configuring camera settings on the unit web page, see your MOBOTIX documentation.
What you should know
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the Archiver you want to add the unit to, and click Video unit ().
- From the Manufacturer drop-down list in the Manual add dialog box, select Mobotix.
- From the Product type drop-down menu, select MxPEG Integration.
- Enter the IP address and HTTP port of the unit.
- For the Authentication option, select Specific, and then add the username and password you configured on the unit for the user that was added to the Admin group (for example, SecurityCenterUser).
- Click Add.
After you finish
- Only one set of configuration parameters can be managed in Security Center per camera. For MOBOTIX dual cameras, some parameters can be set differently for the two image sensors.
- When changing color saturation, rotation, or brightness settings in Security Center, they are only applied to the currently displayed image sensor. When viewing dual images, the settings are applied to both sensors.
- If you switch the streaming type to MJPEG in Config Tool, an Invalid resolution button appears next to the Resolution option in the Video tab of the camera. Click the Invalid resolution button to receive the list of available resolutions from the unit web page.