Additional configuration is required on the unit's web page for Axis units that support HTTPS connections.
- Open the unit's web page.
- Click .
- Under Certificates you must either create a self signed certificate or install a signed certificate from a certificate authority.
- Select the certificate you just installed or created.
- Under HTTPS Connection Policy, configure each user to use HTTPS and click Save.
If you are using a self-signed certificate, do the following:
- In Config Tool, select the Archiver managing the camera and click the Extensions tab.
- Click the Axis extension, then click Advanced settings.
- In the Advanced settings dialog box, click .
In the Name column, type HttpsOptions and in the
Value column, enter one of the following:
- For the Archiver to accept self-signed certificates, enter 256.
- For the Archiver to accept invalid certificates, enter 4096.
- For the Archiver to accept expired certificates, enter 8192.
- For the Archiver to accept self-signed, expired, and invalid certificates, enter 12544.
- Click Close > Apply.
- If the camera was previously added to Security Center, delete it.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task and click Add an entity ().
- In the Manual add dialog box, complete the necessary settings to add the camera. Make sure the Use HTTPS setting is ON, then click Add.
- Select the unit from the entity tree and click the Properties tab.
Change the Event stream connection type to RTSP
stream over TCP and click Apply.
Wait a few minutes for the camera to come back online.