The Zepcam server must be installed and the cameras must be configured to connect to the Zepcam server before adding them to Security Center.
Zepcam cameras are managed by the Zepcam server. Each camera has a profile with video source configuration. The profile contains the MAC address of the camera.
What you should know
NOTE: For more information about installing and configuring a Zepcam server, see the Zepcam Server Installation documentation available on the Zepcam website.
- Download the Zepcam server image ISO file from http://www.zepcam.com.
- Restart the system from the ISO file to start the installation.
- Configure the IP settings when prompted during installation.
- When installation has completed, log on to the Zepcam server.
- From the Zepcam server web page, select .
- Copy and send the License’s System ID to Zepcam to obtain a license.
- Click to create a Zepcam configuration file for the cameras that will connect to it.
- Enter the required settings so that the cameras can connect to the Zepcam server.
Click Create & Download to complete creation of the Zepcam
NOTE: The file is called settings.zep.
- Plug the Zepcam camera to the computer using a USB cable.
- Log on to the camera, and then select .
The camera displays Attach to PC (USB Ready).
- Transfer the file settings.zep to the camera.
On the camera's menu, click Select.
The camera displays booting. Then the camera restarts and applies the settings from the file.
- Repeat previous using the same settings.zep file for each camera that must connect to the Zepcam server.