You can enroll Bosch units using HTTP or HTTPS (default being RCP+) on your Archiver, but you must create or change the Bosch extension manually.
Bosch units use the RCP+ command protocol. They support the following transport protocols: TCP, HTTP, or HTTPS. When you add a Bosch unit, the TCP protocol is assumed by default. If the enrollment is successful, the Archiver automatically creates the Bosch extension using TCP as the transport protocol. If you want to use HTTP or HTTPS (RCP+ over CGI), you must manually switch the protocol on the Bosch extension to either HTTP or HTTPS.
What you should know
- Open the Bosch unit's webpage.
- Go to HTTP browser port (default=80) and HTTPS browser port (default=443) are not set to Off. , and make sure the values for
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the Archiver and click the Extensions tab.
- Add or modify a Bosch extension, and set Protocol to HTTP.
Do one of the following:
NOTE: The command ports configured in the Bosch extension are default values. The values configured on the Bosch units might be different. The Discovery port must match the values configured on the Bosch units.
- To use HTTP, set Command port to match the value of HTTP browser port configured on the Bosch unit.
- To use HTTPS, set Use HTTPS to On under the Default logon group, and set Port to match the value of HTTPS browser port configured on the Bosch unit.
Set the rest of the fields according to what is configured on the Bosch unit.
For a description of those fields, see Archiver: Extensions tab.
Bosch units that use the same Discovery port configured in the extension might be added automatically to the system if they are located within the same subnet as the Archiver, and if their connection parameters (command port and credentials) match the settings configured in the extension.
If the Bosch unit you wish to enroll is not on the same subnet as the Archiver, or uses
different connection parameters, you must add it manually using the Manual
add dialog box.
The IP address, the Discovery port, and the Authentication must match the values configured on the Bosch unit. For more information, see Adding video units manually.