The following additional configuration steps are required for some of your units to work in Security Center.
- Unit motion detection for Samsung units
- For Samsung units, motion detection works using object sizes.
- The Motion on threshold setting in the camera's Motion detection tab in Config Tool corresponds to the Maximum Size (pixel) motion detection setting on the unit's web page.
- The Motion off threshold setting in Config Tool corresponds to the Minimum Size (pixel) setting on the unit's web page.
- Using auto-focus with Samsung SNP-5200H units
- After you execute the auto-focus command from the Specific commands section of the PTZ widget in Security Desk, you must move the PTZ before the video image starts focusing automatically.
- Audio for Samsung Wisenet Q series units
- If you select the Mic in option for the Input type of the unit's microphone in the Peripherals tab of the video unit, Samsung recommends using an amplifier to ensure that the audio is loud enough.
- Adding Samsung units that support different view types
- Some Samsung units such as PNM-9020 and PNF-9010 units, have different view types that can be changed from the unit web page (dewarped views, half views, and so on). When those video units are added in Security Center, the default view that is selected by the camera when Video Profiles are created in Security Center is not always the same for the different video streams. If you notice that a video stream is not displaying the expected view, you might have to change the view type of the Video Profile (named OmniV4XXXX) on the unit web page.
How color settings for Samsung cameras are mapped in Security Center
When you configure the video attributes for a Samsung camera in Security Center, the values that you set in the Color tab of the camera entity in Config Tool correspond to different values on the unit web page.
For each color setting in Security Center, the minimum range value is -100, the middle value is 0, and the maximum value is 100. The following table shows how the range of values for each color setting in Security Center correspond to the minimum, middle, and maximum values on the unit web page for the different Samsung unit series.
|Color setting||Security Center||WiseNet3 Series (with WDR Fix)||WiseNet3 Series (With SDDR)||P Series||Q Series||X Series|