Before viewing video with an Arecont camera equipped with a panomorph lens in Security Desk, you must configure the lens in Config Tool.
Check on your camera and your lens box to determine whether they support automatic configuration.
Before you begin
Some Arecont cameras, such as the AV5245DN, are equipped with panomorph lenses.
What you should know
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the camera to configure.
- Click the Hardware tab.
From the Lens type drop-down list, select
Click Edit ().
The Configure lens dialog box opens.
- Select the Camera position if the selected camera and panomorph lens do not support automatic configuration.
- Select the Panomorph Lens Type (RPL) if the selected camera and panomorph lens do not support automatic configuration. The lens type is listed on the lens box; sometimes it is on the lens ring.
A message will display telling you if the lens was calibrated successfully. The calibration may fail because:
When the selected camera and panomorph lens support automatic configuration, the camera position is displayed automatically in the Camera position drop-down list. Also, the RPL is displayed automatically in the Panomorph Lens Type (RPL) drop-down list.
- It is too dark.Tip: Calibrate your lens when it is bright. This ensures that the calibration will succeed and dewarping will work even when it is dark.
- The lens is not installed or positioned correctly.
- There is no lens or the lens type is wrong.NOTE: If the camera is moved the lens should be calibrated again.
- It is too dark.
- Click .