Additional configuration is required on the unit's web page for Arecont units that support HTTPS connections.
- Open the unit's web page.
- Click .
Add a certificate to the unit, by doing one of the following:
- To upload a certificate click Choose File, then click Create Certificate and save settings.
- To create a self-signed certificate, select the Create Self Signed Certificate checkbox and save settings.
- Select the Enable HTTPS checkbox and save.
- Reboot the unit using the reboot option in the web page.
If you are using a self-signed certificate, do the following:
- In Config Tool, select the Archiver managing the camera and click the Extensions tab.
- Click the Arecont extension, then click Advanced settings.
- In the Advanced settings dialog box, click .
- In the Name column, type HttpsOptions and in the Value column, enter 12544.
- Click Close > Apply.
- If the camera was previously added to Security Center, make sure the Use HTTPS setting is selected in the Properties tab.