For MediaRacer 152 and 250 units to support PTZ, the units must be configured in the Mavix Configurator, and the serial port must be associated manually with the camera when the unit is added in Security Center.
- Open the Mavix Configurator and enter Administrator as the default username and Admin as the password.
- Click the Configure icon.
- In List A, select the MediaRacer unit to configure.
- Click the RS232/RS485 tab.
- From the Port drop-down list under Unit A, select the COM port used with the PTZ camera.
- Under Settings, configure any other serial port settings required for the camera.
- Click Apply.
- If the unit is not already part of your Security Center, then add the unit using the specified serial port.
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the video unit.
- Click and click PTZ.
- In the Create PTZ dialog box, select the MediaRacer camera.
- Select the Serial port(s) on the same unit option, and select the serial port you specified when adding the unit.
- From the Protocol drop-down list, select the protocol for the camera.
- Click OK.