Additional configuration is required on the unit's web page for Vivotek units that support HTTPS connections.
- Open the unit's web page.
- Click .
- Under Certificates you must ensure that a valid certificate is installed.
- Select the certificate you just installed or created.
- Under Authentication to use digest and click Save. , configure
If you are using a self-signed certificate, do the following:
- In Config Tool, select the Archiver managing the camera and click the Extensions tab.
- Click the Vivotek extension, then click Advanced settings.
- In the Advanced settings dialog box, click .
In the Name column, type HttpsOptions and in the
Value column, enter the following:
- For the Archiver to accept self-signed certificates, enter 256.
- Click Close > Apply.
- If the camera was previously added to Security Center, delete it.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task and click Add an entity ().
In the Manual add dialog box, complete the necessary
settings to add the camera. Make sure the Use HTTPS setting is
ON, then click Add.
NOTE: HTTPS is only available for the 8000/9000 Series (All other models).