To use input pins with Arecont units, the DisableInputPins advanced setting must be deactivated for the Arecont extension.
When using input pins with Arecont units in Security Center, the Archiver sends a request to the camera to know the state of the input pin. By default, input pins for Arecont units are disabled in Security Center.
What you should know
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the Archiver to configure.
- Click the Extensions tab, and then click the Arecont extension.
- At the bottom of the Extensions tab, click Advanced settings.
- In the Advanced settings dialog box, click .
- In the Name column, type DisableInputPins.
- In the Value column, type 0.
- Click to add a new field.
- In the Name column, type InputPinsPolltime.
- In the Value column, type how many milliseconds the Archiver should wait in between sending requests to the camera for the input state.
- Click .
If the unit is already added in Security Center, then restart the unit.