To view and dewarp video images in Security Desk that were captured from an Axis M3007 or M3027 unit, you must configure the lens in Config Tool.
Before you begin
- Axis M3007 and M3027 units display eight encoders by default. The only stream that
can be dewarped is the Overview stream (first encoder). For optimal
performance (12 fps), it is recommended to do one of the following:
- Turn off motion detection and recording for encoders two to eight in Config Tool.
- Disable unused streams on the unit’s web page before adding the unit to Security Center.
- You must have a video card that has Pixel Shader 2.0a and that is compatible with DirectX 9.0.
Dewarping allows you to zoom in on a 360 degree image, similar to the digital zoom feature in Security Desk. The zoomed image is dewarped, or flattened to show a rectangular image.
What you should know
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the camera to configure.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- From the Lens type drop-down list, select Axis.
- Click Edit ().
- In the Configure lens dialog box, select the Camera position.
- Click .
For your changes to take effect, remove the camera from all Security Desk tiles, and then re-add the camera.