For Security Center to automatically reestablish a connection after a unit's IP address has changed, you must assign a hostname to the unit and configure the unit to use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Open the unit's web page.
- Expand Advanced mode > Network > Network Access.
- In the DynDNS section, beside Host name, enter a hostname for the camera.
- Add the unit to Security Center.
- From the Video task in Config Tool, select the camera to configure then click Properties.
- Beside IP address, select Obtain network settings dynamically (DHCP) .
- Click Apply.