If a cardholder or visitor's card credential is reported as lost or stolen, you can replace it with a temporary card and mark the original card as lost.
Before you begin
- A card reader nearby.
- A stack of pre-enrolled spare cards.
Do one of the following:
- For cardholders, open the Cardholder management task, select a cardholder, and then click Modify ().
- For visitors, open the Visitor management task, select a visitor, and then click Modify ().
- In the Credential section, click Assign temporary card.
From the drop-down list, select a card reader near you.
The card reader can be a USB connected to your computer, or you can use an Access point (door).
- Present a spare card that is pre-enrolled.
- Set the number of days the temporary card is to remain active, and click Assign temporary card.
- Click Save.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.