To test an alarm that you just created, or if something critical occurs and you want to activate an alarm, you can trigger the alarm manually.
Before you begin
- The alarm must be configured in Config Tool.
- The alarm cannot be set to maintenance mode.
- If you want to trigger alarms from the Monitoring task, you must enable alarm monitoring.
- From the homepage, open the Alarm monitoring task or the Monitoring task.
- Click Trigger alarm ().
- From the list, select an alarm, and then click Trigger alarm.
All pre-configured alarm recipients receive the alarm if they are logged on to Security Desk.