If a visitor returns to your site, you can check in the visitor without having to re-enter their information, because all checked-out visitors are saved in the database.
What you should know
If the visitor was previously assigned a credential, you must assign a new credential after the visitor is checked in.
- In the Visitor management task, click Check-in ().
At the top of the dialog box, enter the visitor’s first name or last
If a match is found in the visitor database, a green button showing the number of potential matches appears ().
Click the green button.
A Visitors dialog box appears, listing all potential matches found in the database.
(Optional) To filter the visitor list, do one of the following:
- Type a visitor’s first name or last name, and then click Search.
- Select the visitor’s activation or expiration date, and then click Search.
- Click Click to edit, select a visitor custom field, click OK, and then click Search.
Select a visitor, and then click Select.
The information of the selected visitor is loaded into the visitor dialog box.
- Modify the visitor information as necessary, and then click Save and close.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.
After you finish
If the visitor requires a credential, assign one.