You can investigate events related to doors (Door forced open, Door open too long, Hardware tamper, and so on), using the Door activities report.
- From the home page, open the Door activities task.
Set up the query filters for your report. Choose one or more of
the following filters:
- Restrict the search to certain cardholders.
- Restrict the search to specific credentials.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a pre-defined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Select the doors to investigate.
- Select the events of interest. The event types available depend on the task you are using.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period of time or for global units of time such as the previous week or the previous month.
Click Generate report.
The door events are listed in the report pane.
- To show the corresponding video of an event in a tile,
double-click or drag the item from the report pane to the canvas.
If there is no camera attached to the door, the door icon is displayed.
- To control the doors, use the door widget.
Using the Door Activities report, you can see how many access denied events have occurred in the last week, or since your last shift. You can also search for other critical events, such as Door forced open. If you see suspicious cardholder activity while monitoring live video, you can investigate what other doors the cardholder accessed in the last day. If you want to verify that maintenance staff has completed work at a particular door, you can investigate on that door by selecting the Door maintenance completed event.